Welcome to the Institute for Learning in Retirement!
Lois E. Marshall Institute for Learning in Retirement (ILR) at Bergen Community College, in cooperation with Road Scholar, serves the intellectual and social needs of a vibrant community of Lifelong Learners. Our members have a thirst for learning and intellectual stimulation. One fee, per semester, entitles members to attend courses which are taught by members and experts from the larger community. Each semester’s offerings cover a broad range of academic and cultural topics. There are no tests or grades.
Each semester we look to grow our course offerings. Should you want to teach a course, please send your ideas to [email protected] Please note, ILR Instructors are entitled to free membership during the semester they are teaching.
Why You Should Join:
- To become part of a community created specifically to meet the lifelong educational interests and needs of mature adults.
- To share with other ILR members what you have learned and experienced during your life.
- To enjoy the special learning opportunities available in a friendly and stimulating atmosphere.
- To have social interaction with other ILR members during classes and other organizational activities.
- To enjoy classes and activities in a diverse and multigenerational college campus setting.
- To have access and borrowing privileges at Bergen Community College Sidney Silverman Library.
- To be able to use the Paramus campus Fitness Center and pool during scheduled free-time hours.