Membership in the Institute for Learning in Retirement is open to all persons, 55 years and older. Current members come from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. There are no educational prerequisites, no exams and no grades.
Members share one essential attribute: the belief that learning is lifelong.
Membership is for one semester and entitles you to register for and attend five (5) courses per semester. The ILR offers a wide array of workshops and courses, of various lengths.
ILR members have access and borrowing privileges at Bergen Community College Sidney Silverman Library, and can use the Paramus campus Fitness Center (S-128) and pool, during scheduled free-time hours (which may vary throughout the year). Members should call the Bergen Community College’s main number at 201-447-7100 to confirm hours of operation.
The ILR accepts new members at any time, but does not prorate fees.
Please contact us email@example.com to get on our mailing list!
Why You Should Join
- To become part of an organization created specifically to meet the lifelong educational interests and needs of mature adults.
- To share with other ILR members what you have learned and experienced during your life.
- To enjoy the special learning opportunities available in a friendly and stimulating atmosphere.
- To have social interaction with other ILR members during classes and other organizational activities.
- To enjoy classes and activities in a diverse and multigenerational college campus setting.
- To have access and borrowing privileges at Bergen Community College Sidney Silverman Library.
- To be able to use the Paramus campus Fitness Center and pool during scheduled free-time hours.