Membership is open to all persons, 55 years and older. Current members come from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. There are no educational prerequisites, no exams and no grades.
Members share one essential attribute: the belief that learning is lifelong.
Membership entitles you to register for and attend four courses per semester. The ILR offers a wide array of workshops and courses, of various lengths (between one and eight weeks), across all three Bergen Community College locations: Paramus, Hackensack and Lyndhurst.
ILR members have access and borrowing privileges at Bergen Community College Sidney Silverman Library, and can use the Paramus campus Fitness Center (S-128) and pool, during scheduled free-time hours (which may vary throughout the year).
The ILR accepts new members at any time, but does not prorate fees.
Please contact us, email@example.com, if you would like to receive our next catalog.
Why You Should Join
- To become part of an organization created specifically to meet the lifelong educational interests and needs of mature adults.
- To share with other ILR members what you have learned and experienced during your life.
- To enjoy the special learning opportunities available in a friendly and stimulating atmosphere.
- To have social interaction with other ILR members during classes and other organizational activities.
- To enjoy classes and activities in a diverse and multigenerational college campus setting.